My experience in Brighton:

The last year my father told me an option for me in the summer: go to other country (like USA, England, Canada...) for learn english. I was so nervous, because my dream was to go exchange to other country and stay there for 1 month or more. I accepted his option and we contacted an agency for help to us in the process. The first step was to choose the country and I chose England. The school that the agency gave to use has schools in London, Brighton, Cambridge and Canterbury. I thought a lot in what city and finally I chose Brighton. Brighton is a city in the south of England, near to London (1 hour by train) and is a city with a lot of young people and students.

I left Chile in January 5. My first flight was Santiago-Sao Paulo and then Sao Paulo-London. Unfortunately when I arrived London, my suitcase was in Sao Paulo! It was terrible for me. I only had a t-shirt in my bag and that's all. I took a coach form London to Brighton and I arrived at my new home: a house where the students of the school can live. My first day in the school, called Stafford House, was terrible! I was so nervous, because my english is bad-normal and the only way to communicate with the students and the teacher is... speaking english! It's difficult for me when I arrive a new place with people that I don't know of them. But, the things became better and I made a a lot of friends, classes are too different compared with Chile but are great and the city is beautiful and you can do a lot of things (alone or with your friends). I stayed 1 month in Brighton and I can say that now I have a better speaking of english, but I need to learn a lot of things.

With my friends I went to other cities like Cambridge, London, Bath, Oxford, Seven Sisters and more! Also every Wednesday and Friday we went to "Cocoloco": a disco near to the beach. We did parties in the student house, we went to the mall to have a lunch or dinner or shopping and other activities whit the school. I made friends form Brazil, Belgium, Saudi Arabia, Turkey,  Italy, France, Colombia and more... I remember with great affection every moment that I lived in Brighton and I miss so much my friends, it was an incredible experience for me and I'm grateful with my parents for gave my that option.




Comments

  1. Now I understand why it is more easy for you speak English

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i've never had the opportunity of travel to another country to learn a lenguage, it must have been a great experience!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog